This experience contains a hand-picked round-up of Chef Katie Button’s favorite Spanish pantry items from Cúrate at Home, and a bottle of Spanish wine from our cellar. These products are in Katie's kitchen at all times, and integrated into her cooking almost daily. The gift box includes:
- Molino 100% Picual Olive Oil: The nuances between different olive oils never cease to amaze! This premium extra virgin olive oil from Molino – the makers of O-Med – is recommended as a finishing oil for meat, pasta or legumes. Look for aromas of banana and tomato, with a balanced and slightly spicy finish on the palate.
- Crunchy Sea Salt: Sourced from Spain, this is a superb finishing salt for any dish.
- Spicewalla Esplette Pepper: Chef Katie Button loves to sprinkle it over grilled or roasted vegetables – like okra! Add it to sausages, in a rub for grilled meats, over eggs, in sauce or wherever a lightly smoky kick would flourish.
- Cúrate Pincho Moruno Rub: The spice blend for the well-loved lamb skewers at Cúrate is a homage to the Moors’ historical influence in Spain. Warm flavors from both side of the Strait of Gibraltar are perfect for any type of grilled meat or veggie.
- Anchovy-stuffed Olives: Pop open a can and serve alongside potato chips, or add to a cocktail or vermouth on the rocks.
- Anchovies: Amp up the flavor of dressings, marinades and sauces with the umami flavor from anchovies, or serve with a piparra pepper for the easiest bandarilla.
- O-Med PX Sherry Vinegar: A blend of Pedro Ximénez wine and sherry vinegar aged in oak barrels. Nutty, sweet, and dark amber, this vinegar is excellent for finishing roasted meats, vegetables, and fish.
- Plus a bottle of Spanish wine from Cúrate's award-winning wine program! At the moment we are featuring Matsu's "La Jefa" in honor of Mother's Day:
LA JEFA 2018
100% Tinta de Toro
The charisma of daring surprise
La Jefa comes from a selection of a multitude white vines that are found alternately in old red grape vineyards (from 50 to 150 years old). Highly complex, notes of vanilla and ripe stone fruits stand out, accompanied by creamy notes. It is complemented with slight aniseed nuances, to reflect a nose harmonized by its aging in casks, sweet character and with a great diversity of nuances. A mouth-filling, silky wine, great creaminess and very pleasant. But at the same time with good acidity, resulting in a very balanced and elegant white wine.
All orders ship from Asheville via UPS Ground. We recommend ordering by Sunday, May 1 for delivery by Mother's Day. Due to state laws, this package is only eligible to ship to select states: North Carolina, Connecticut, Florida, Louisiana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oregon, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
Please note: Due to ongoing global supply chain delays, some products may be substituted for brands of a similar quality.