This experience contains a hand-picked round-up of Chef Katie Button’s favorite Spanish pantry items from Cúrate at Home, and a bottle of Spanish red wine from our cellar. These products are in her kitchen at all times, and integrated into her cooking almost daily. The gift box includes:
- Molino 100% Picual Olive Oil: The nuances between different olive oils never cease to amaze! This premium extra virgin olive oil from Molino – the makers of O-Med – is recommended as a finishing oil for meat, pasta or legumes. Look for aromas of banana and tomato, with a balanced and slightly spicy finish on the palate.
- Crunchy Sea Salt: Sourced from Spain, this is a superb finishing salt for any dish.
- Spicewalla Esplette Pepper: Chef Katie Button loves to sprinkle it over grilled or roasted vegetables – like okra! Add it to sausages, in a rub for grilled meats, over eggs, in sauce or wherever a lightly smoky kick would flourish.
- Cúrate Pincho Moruno Rub: The spice blend for the well-loved lamb skewers at Cúrate is a homage to the Moors’ historical influence in Spain. Warm flavors from both side of the Strait of Gibraltar are perfect for any type of grilled meat or veggie.
- Anchovy-stuffed Olives: Pop open a can and serve alongside potato chips, or add to a cocktail or vermouth on the rocks.
- Anchovies: Amp up the flavor of dressings, marinades and sauces with the umami flavor from anchovies, or serve with a piparra pepper for the easiest bandarilla.
- O-Med PX Sherry Vinegar: A blend of Pedro Ximénez wine and sherry vinegar aged in oak barrels. Nutty, sweet, and dark amber, this vinegar is excellent for finishing roasted meats, vegetables, and fish.
- Plus a bottle of Spanish red wine from Cúrate's award-winning wine program! The included wine is subject to change, however at the moment we expect to ship 2018 Mas Doix Les Crestes:
APPELATION: D.O.Q Priorat
VARIETALS: 80%Garnatxa / 10%Syrah / 10% Carinyena
ABOUT THE WINE: Les Crestes is a 3 hectare vineyard planted with young-vine Garnatxa averaging 20 years old with makes up the bulk of the cuvée named for this site. About 10% each Syrah (from Mas de l’Osso) and 80 year old vine Carinyena (from Els Ullastres) are added to compliment the Garnatxa from Les Crestes. The same care is taken in the winemaking: a first selection in the vineyard, a second at the cellar door and a third after destemming followed aging in neutral French oak barrels.
TASTING NOTES: Fruity expression. Red fruits, floral and spices. A tasty, fruity mouth, drawn out and fruity.